News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Yasunori Sago

Started by eschiss1, Monday 04 March 2013, 15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

...noticed on IMSLP some scores and (MIDIs, but faute de mieux) recordings of symphonies by a Yasunori Sago (b.1963) that seem to have Bruckner somewhere in their lineage (among others, not solely, but among others. Not quite as long, closer to 40 minutes apiece or so). Have listened most recently to his symphony no.8 (in F, see IMSLP.) Good to see a piece that's somewhat old-fashioned but also ambitious.

(Since copying, pasting and putting in Bing-translator tells me the indications on the scores are in Japanese, I am making some assumptions, but I don't know anything more than that.)

Alan Howe

Before we pursue this further, we'll need aural evidence of the appropriateness of his music...

eschiss1

all his scores there have sound attached (click on the Synthesized/MIDI tab).

Alan Howe

Thanks, Eric. I'll have a listen later...

eschiss1

Alan Howe

Interesting music, Eric. I don't seem to be able to find out anything about the composer, though.

eschiss1

Me either. I think it may be a pseudonym. After all, the synthesizer he or she uses has "SAGO" in it. On the other hand, Sago is also, I find, a name- family name? - that does occur in searches. I can try asking the composer at his/her composer page or userpage there, though such a request from an IMSLP admin like me can feel unduly nosy and have a feeling of a demand about it even when no such is actually intended... hrm...

Alan Howe

I think we ought to find out, if possible. By the way, I found Symphony No.8 became less attractive as it progressed - a case of too unvaried an idiom and a rather featureless musical landscape.

eschiss1

hrm. Will explore them further and see what I think also, likewise with the 4th symphony for chorus & orchestra etc.