News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Sinigaglia Violin Concerto

Started by Alan Howe, Wednesday 27 February 2013, 22:38

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

I had quite forgotten what an absolutely stunningly beautiful late-romantic work this is. If you haven't yet downloaded it, it is still available here:
http://www.mediafire.com/?pvyi844tdgc878q
Do get hold of it before it disappears into the ether...

Peter1953

petershott@btinternet.com

And do take note of a very fine Toccata disc of a couple of years ago of the Cello and Violin Sonatas, Op. 41 and 44. They formed my introduction to Sinigaglia - and I was most glad to have discovered him!

semloh

Ooh, just in time! Thanks, Alan!  ;) This is entirely new to me, so looking forward to it....

eschiss1

I think I first heard several of his string quartet works (Hora Mystica, quartet in D, a couple of others) over on IMSLP. Those, and the violin concerto, seem very good music to me...

alberto

You may take note also of a "Stradivarius" Cd of songs for voice and piano (some in Italian; some in German) featuring the soprano Anja Kampe.
The very playful "Danza Piemontese n.1" by Arthur Fiedler and the Boston Pops ,as far as I know , has never been  transferred to Cd. (BTW it was certainly "brought" to the Bosto Pops by Alfredo Casella).

ewk

Hi all,
I don't want to disturb your joy over this violin concerto, but as I open the .zip file and regard the Id3-tags of the mp3 files, it really looks like ripped frome some CD, as there are other violin concertos mentioned in the title and movement no.1 is indicated as title number 7. Any copyright worries? As far as I had understood, only recordings which are not commercially available are allowed here due to copyright questions?

ewk

eschiss1

as far as I know from when this was first posted, it's from an LP that was once available coupled with a Bazzini violin concerto.

Alan Howe

eschiss1

Hrm. Looking at the descriptions in our download archive and doing a net search, they aren't from an LP, but they were broadcast in this program. (Yes, the Gertler Malipiero in that program is from- as I recall- a Supraphon LP- and one since reissued on CD at that..., but the Bazzini and Sinigaglia items, so near as I can tell, are radio broadcast items only.)

Alan Howe

I think we'll just leave the download where it is for the moment.

ewk

Ok so please excuse me for the question, I was just surprised by the ID3 tags of the mp3 file. By the way, a nice concerto...

ewk

Alan Howe

Amphissa

The Sinigaglia pieces, the Bazzini and other Italian works that I posted were all from radio broadcast, but they had been collected and compiled into a single zipped download file that I obtained years ago from an Italian colleague. The contents of the collection were numbered in order to help the listener distinguish one work from another. It was never on CD, to my knowledge. I separated out the pieces when I posted in order to provide a clear set of notes for each piece. The YouTube recording linked by Semloh in his thread may be from the same original source recording.

semloh

Quote from: Amphissa on Tuesday 05 March 2013, 15:56
........The YouTube recording linked by Semloh in his thread may be from the same original source recording.
Yes, indeed.  ;)