Re Schumann Neujahrslied Op.144

Started by eschiss1, Tuesday 11 March 2014, 01:09

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Can't find the text/libretto of this easily accessible online outside of the source (Rückert's Gesammelte Gedichte, Volume 3, 1838, p.166) which has been scanned in by Google Books---  and the 1887 2nd? edition of the score (first? published by Rieter-Biedermann in 1861, later in Schumann's Complete Works in 1887, this later version currently available @ IMSLP)- have transcribed the Rückert text (imperfectly, I will try to improve the meter/scansion/rhyming/... etc.) in the discussion section of the IMSLP page over here if this sort of thing interests (I like putting texts/libretti/lyrics... into my iTunes/iPod - after putting the relevant stuffs for each track from v2.2 to v2.3, etc. so that the lyrics will sync to my iPod successfully &c...- so the unavailability was something I wanted to rectify, anyways, and since we have an upload of Neujahrslied *pointspoints* I figured anyone who's downloaded it and wanted to read the text might be interested... erm- or not...--- er...

thalbergmad

I came to this forum to avoid Schumann >:(

Thal

Alan Howe

Well, this piece is at least unsung.

kolaboy

Egad. I've never in the entirety of my life had a desire to avoid Schumann. Quite the reverse, actually :P