News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Lipinski concertos

Started by eschiss1, Thursday 02 May 2013, 21:26

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Is the 3rd concerto on cpo a complete 3-movements-attacca work, or just the 1st movement of the 3 movement work (a reduction of whose 3 movements have been uploaded to IMSLP?)
Eric

FBerwald

CPO claims to have "salvaged" 4 concertos from a total of 6. The 3rd and 4th I believe are 1 movement works ... I could be wrong. Besides this the info on Lipinski's works are pretty scant.

eschiss1

Hrm. Ah, I see. I think someone who edited the IMSLP page- may have been me, will have to check- marked off the B major Brillante (so noted in the solo part) section of the solo part, preceded by a fermata, as the opening of a second movement, and the "Risoluto" some pages later as the beginning of a third- but yes, one movement makes more sense as a description. (Published 1836 or 1837; something that may be the autograph of the opening, or of another E minor concerto by Lipinski composed around 1835- probably the latter since the incipit quoted by RISM does not seem to be in the Concerto No.3 - anyhow, such an autograph is noted in RISM. Thanks!