The Joachim Raff Website

Started by Peter1953, Monday 08 July 2013, 17:26

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter1953

Thank you very much for this most wonderful and valuable Raff website, Mark. A tremendous source of information. It is indeed the essential Raff reference. It helped me to build up my Raff collection. And I will most certainly visit the site frequently for new and additional information.

Mark Thomas

Thank you for your kind words, Peter. Very much appreciated.

DennisS

I too would like to thank you for all the invaluable information on Raff on the web site. You have spent so much time, energy and passion building up this website that it's become THE SITE to go to for information on all of Raff's work.  All Raff music lovers are indebted to you Mark. Even if the site was not kept updated, there still remains more than enough information to satisfy all Raff admirers. Many thanks too for agreeing to still update the site with news of concerts, publications and recordings.

Mark Thomas

Thank you Dennis. Very kind of you.

Just at present, I have too many other projects on the go (some of them Raff-related too) to be able to do justice to them all, and the web site, being very mature, seemed to be the right one to put into abeyance for a while. After 15 years, I guess I felt like I'd earned a rest from the monthly regime of adding a couple more pages! It's all still there, of course, it just won't be expanding any further for the time being.

Gareth Vaughan

It has been, and will remain, an outstanding resource for anyone interested in the music of Raff. Quite matchless. Thank you very much indeed, Mark.

Mark Thomas

John H White

You certainly seem to have made the Raff website your Magnum Opus Mark. It must surely rank as one of the most comprehensive sites on the Internet built around just one person. Fortunately, this person is no longer writing music, so you won't have to worry about him writing any new works for you to have to include in your catalogue! :)
Congratulations on building up such a fine edifice on the Net!

Mark Thomas

:) Thanks, John, but three or four previously unknown or lost pieces by Raff have surfaced since I've been maintaining the site, so there's no guarantee!.

giles.enders

Congratulations on an excellent web site, one that I find easy to search and use.  Having once done a web site myself, I am only too aware of all the time and labour involved.  Thank you.