News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Lux Trio

Started by jerfilm, Saturday 24 November 2012, 00:49

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

Thanks,  Mark, for another enjoyable foray into the unknown.  A delightful piece if not terribly profound.

Keep 'em coming, please.

Jerry

Mark Thomas

Thanks Jerry. You can also download Steve's (of Bedroom Band fame) recording of Lux's String Quartet from IMSLP here.

To echo a well-known member here: I can't find the movement titles for the Piano Trio. If anyone has them then I'd appreciate knowing them.

eschiss1

hrm. Everything I see from the Lux-Festpiele.de website etc. suggests that it's not only unpublished, but almost never performed, that its survival of wartime fires was a bare thing -- (etc. etc.) - suggesting that the best way and maybe only way at this time to find out might be to contact the performers or someone at the website?... I'm not sure exactly, my command of German isn't. (Which with apologies is the reason I am not volunteering :) ... at least, not first...)

BTW I also appreciate Steve's upload of Lux's first string quartet. I think the other two have survived (LoC lists scores-and-or-parts-for quartets Opp.87 and 95 by him- but this is no guarantee, LoC's catalog is not always accurate/synchronized with its actual contents- still, I recall they may have been one of the few sources of some works recorded by cpo a few years ago, I think (Wellesz syms. 2 and 3, or something) - etc. - ... erm... anyway. Right.. Right. Anyway.)

(Actually, LoC claims to have the piano trio ("in C minor") by Lux too... - well, they don't always get the key right, but if they have the score and parts, at least they too had the work, not just the almost-destroyed places mentioned at the website, iirc. Unfortunate that the catalog is not more descriptive, but maybe emailing a librarian there would help- hrm- might do that...)