Meinardus: Luther in Worms

Started by Hilleries, Thursday 26 September 2013, 16:21

Previous topic - Next topic

Hilleries

This may not be the correct place in the forum for this, so maybe the moderators could move this thread if they feel like it.

I just wanted to share something I found intriguing, Hermann Max (of Ries' oratorios recordings) is performing this oratorio "Luther in Worms" (1874) by Ludwig Meinardus (never heard of the guy before) in Bonn (and also in Knetchsenden if I saw this correctly; this is where the other oratorios that became CPO cds were also performed).
So far so good, new performances of these kind of oratorios is just what I'd like to see, alas I'm not in Germany. What got me excited was to see in my facebook feed photos from Concerto Köln of recording sessions of this piece. They didn't give any more details, other than "CD-Produktion mit Hermann Max und der Rheinischen Kantorei". I think we should we expect a CPO recording soon (or maybe one of the other small german labels? I hope they don't take their sweet time as CPO does).

eschiss1

I've uploaded (reuploaded from Sibley, if I recall) something- King Salomon (König Salomo) - by Meinardus to IMSLP - but that's the only reason I've heard of him. Don't recall what I thought of him. Will look out for the cpo CD or even moreso for a broadcast of it on Radio Stephansdom, as often happens. Thanks.

Meinardus@German Wikipedia (1827-1896).

Ah!

Meinardus' König Salomo is being performed October 13, 2013 in Moers, just found a link.