Download problems with Rapidshare

Started by mikehopf, Wednesday 23 October 2013, 21:23

Previous topic - Next topic

mikehopf

Is anyone else experiencing problems downloading from UC?

I had no problems with Mediafire but with recent files via Rapidshare all I get is pretty pictures of Switzerland.

semloh

Yes, Mike, my Internet Explorer doesn't work with the new Rapidshare, it just sits there, unresponsive. Google Chrome works most of the time, but sometimes, instead of downloading, I get a page saying "This webpage is not available". All a mystery to me.  ???

Mark Thomas

You'll appreciate, Mike, that this is nothing to do with UC. It's entirely the choice of the uploader what online storage service he uses. FWIW, I had no problems downloading from Rapidshare using Firefox.

mikehopf

Thanks, guys! I got the files in the end though it took it me a few tries. Apparently a few others had similar problems.

sdtom

I guess we chalk it up to computer compatibility
Tom

jerfilm

I am trying this morning to download the Labor Pinao Quintet without success.  AOL tells me the website is not available,  firefox sez the connection has timed out and goodle chrome tells me that the page is not available.  Any ideas?

Another curious thing, when I do "Unread topics since last visit" it virtually never shows the Downloads.   I missed the last three completely which is why i'm just now working on getting Labor.....???

EDITED LATER:  much later in the day, I finally got into RapidShare.  It appears to me now that their website must have been down for some reason.  Or overloaded......

Jerry