C. F. E. Horneman from Dacapo

Started by M. Henriksen, Sunday 21 August 2011, 12:03

Previous topic - Next topic

M. Henriksen

Dacapo have listed a release of Horneman's orchestral music as a November 2011 release. Don't know the contents yet, but as far as I know this repertoire is pretty covered by Chandos and BIS.

http://www.dacapo-records.dk/en/recording-christian-frederik-emil-horneman---orchestral-works.aspx

Morten

britishcomposer

BIS had recorded the Suite from 'Kampen med Muserne' but for unknown reasons didn't include the fine overture - which hopefully will be part of the new release! :D

kolaboy

This is one I'm looking forward to. The only Horneman in my collection is the "Gurre Suite" that was paired with Gade's Op.55 Orchestral pieces (and several overtures) on a POINT Records release - back in 1989.

eschiss1

I've heard the overture to the incidental music (I think) to A Hero's Life. Good stuff.

M. Henriksen

I've updated the link above, the details for this disc are ready!
Excerpts and interesting liner notes as well.

Morten

britishcomposer

Damn, the Overture to 'Kampen med Muserne' is not included...  >:(

M. Henriksen

Yeah, I noticed that. Don't know why....

Morten

Mark Thomas

This Cd is now being advertised by jpc. Full details and sound bites here.

eschiss1

they do include another recording of the suite which is not in itself a bad thing, hopefully someone else will follow with the overture.

eschiss1

Belatedly, having become curious as to what exactly Kampen med Muserne -is-, I find this in the local university library's catalog, and share the description if anyone's interested--

Horneman: Kampen med Muserne, satyrspil af Karl Gjellerup. (Vocal score, published 1910 by Wilhelm Hansen. 169pp.) (In fact, IMSLP has this vocal score, reuploaded from Internet Archive.) (The 1910 published score may be just the middle section of a tripartite work "Forspil, satyrspil og apoteose", actually, according to Worldcat. Hrm...)

Also ka Thamyris.