The Unsung/Sung Composers Unwritten Work Wish List

Started by EarlyRomantic, Thursday 31 March 2011, 03:54

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Also, re another element in one of the lists, above- Moszkowski- another piano concerto- do you mean a no.3, since there _are_ two in existing manuscripts (manuscripts or scores), one of them it seems needing revival, editing and resurrection (the early B minor) but location known?
(I see that the closest Elgar got to an opera is the sketches to The Spanish Lady, op.89. Interesting...)

FBerwald

Quote from: jerfilm on Monday 17 September 2012, 22:13

Arensky - cello concerto
Glazunov - piano concerto #3

Jerry

Glazunov Piano Concerto No. 3?

LateRomantic75

This is a fun thread! I'll restrict myself to:

Cello concertos by Tchaikovsky and Rachmaninov
A mature symphony by Wagner
A symphony by Holst in the style of The Planets
A piano concerto by Mussorgsky
A harp concerto by Ravel
A violin concerto by Gershwin

semloh

The odd thing is, I am probably not alone in being able to imagine what these works would sound like!  As far as UCs are concerned, I think a late Piano Concerto by Arthur Foote might have been a great work - if his Piano Quintet is any indicator.

mikehopf

Mahler did write an opera in his student days: Herzog Ernst von Schwaben. It was unfinished.

He also composed incidental music for Der Trompeter von Sackingen of which the Blumine movement still survives.

Gareth Vaughan

How about a piano concerto by Gliere, or cello concertos by Litolff, Brull or Moszkowski?

LateRomantic75

I would have liked to have seen a piano concerto from Miaskovsky as well. Also, a few more tone poems from Liadov would have been nice!