MALWARE WARNING: Felix Draeseke - String Quintett in A Major, Op. 77 (1901)

Started by Derek Hughes, Thursday 16 January 2014, 08:48

Previous topic - Next topic

jerfilm

Probably.....

Seems like every download site has several "Download" buttons.  One just has to be careful which one you choose.   If you pick the wrong one, usually, you can cancel it before it actually begins to download.  But it is a nuisance.

Jerry

britishcomposer

Here is another comment from MediaFire:

I know that sometimes iLivid advertises on our site, but it can't be downloaded unless someone clicks on the ad.  Similarly we don't add anything to our file downloads, so this was either a case of the downloader clicking on ads or they were already infected with malware.  In either case I recommend using a different antivirus software to double-check whether the computer is truly clean.  Past that the best advice I can give is to consider upgrading your account, as premium subscribers have direct downloading with zero ads when sharing files.

hikiti

QuoteYou need to restore your computer to an earlier date. I have done this before and it removes malware and unwanted toolbars.

The only downside being that you will lose any programmes you might have installed after your nearest restore date.

Thal

I think it is the right way to resolve the problem , it helped me once .