Hjalmar Borgstrom 1864-1925

Started by giles.enders, Tuesday 21 January 2014, 11:26

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

haven't found the quintet yet, but is perhaps the "string quartet in C major" the same work (misdescribed) as this quartet in C minor in MS parts by Borgstrøm here?
Actually, I don't see the clarinet quintet at all. Sure it wasn't someone's misreading of "Klaverkvintet"? :)

SadRobotSings

Thought that might be the case. I've made that mistake myself!

britishcomposer

Hello Aramiarz!

I suppose it's the same as in Danish 'Vaarbrud'. Rued Langgaard named his 2nd Symphony 'Vaarbrud' which is commonly translated as 'Awakening of Spring'.

Aramiarz

Thank You britishcomposer! Interesting relation with Langgaard.
Dear Erick, thank You for your share your research!

Aramiarz

I wish share with You the music of the op 18 by Borgstrom, I ' ll upload soon, I will revise the process, it's the first time that I will do it

Aramiarz

Dear Erick

Very useful to me is the link that You wrote for Borgstrom's quartett, I followed the link And found the piano concert pages, thank you!

giles.enders

It is a good discovery never the less. Do we have a composition date for the concerto and the symphony?   Anyone fancy editing what there is of the concerto?

Aramiarz

http://www.codigoradio.cultura.df.gob.mx/index.php/la-vida-secreta/17934-hjalmar-borgstrom

For whom wish to listen music by Borgstrom, there are the two pieces op 18 And Other symphonic pieces.

giles.enders

Thank you.  As the introductions are all in Spanish, I had trouble in knowing which pieces were which.

Aramiarz

Dear Giles
  Tomorrow I upload the info about pieces and times where can be listened in the program
About the scores in the Norwegian library, all are manuscripts, I didn't see information about places and dates. But I will revise more.