britishcomposer

Long awaited. To be broadcast 29 November 9:30 pm at Deutschlandradio Kultur:

Josef Holbrooke
"The Grashopper" Konzert für Violine und Orchester F-Dur op. 59
"Auld Lang Syne" Variationen für Orchester op. 60

Judith Ingolfsson, Violine
Brandenburgisches Staatsorchester Frankfurt
Leitung: Howard Griffiths

http://www.deutschlandradiokultur.de/programmvorschau.282.de.html?drbm:date=29.11.2014

Gareth Vaughan

I think this must mean CPO will be releasing the disk before too long. I certainly hope so.

Aramiarz

Interesting release. are there Other work by Holbrooke with his name : "Grashopper"?
Isn't one violin sonate from him? I remember one Cd with this name.

Gooseguy

Tthere is a Naxos version of the Grasshopper Concerto, but in an arrangement for violin and piano
(HOLBROOKE, J.: Violin Concerto, "The Grasshopper" / Violin Sonata No. 1 / Horn Trio (Peacock, Stevenson, M. Smith)
Catalogue No: 8.572649

Barcode: 747313264971

Physical Release: 08/2011

Gareth Vaughan

The "Grasshopper" Concerto exists in three versions: the orchestral concerto; the piano/violin score (with some small alterations to the violin part) which Holbrooke called Violin Sonata No. 2 "The Romantic"; a later version of the concerto with a reduced orchestra (no significant changes to the solo violin part).

Aramiarz

Dear friends, thank You for their comments, It's curious that exist 3 versions of one work in differents size. Someone remember Other case?

Aramiarz

Surely, Holbrooke appreciate very much this work!

Gareth Vaughan

A lot of Holbrooke's works exist in more than one version. One of the problems with cataloguing Holbrooke, as I have said before, is that the same work not infrequently appears with a different title and/or opus number, and the same opus number is sometimes given to more than work.