New Philip Scharwenka CD from Sterling

Started by Mark Thomas, Saturday 12 September 2009, 08:20

Previous topic - Next topic

Aramiarz

Gareth: thank You!
I received one Mail of HBZ IN Cologne, they haven't the score, but gave me the adress of one Library in Bonn. I'm waiting answer.  ;D

eschiss1

here's another link:

http://lccn.loc.gov/unk84084222

(the "permalink" from the lefthand side.  The link you copied may expire for one reason or another either very soon- sometimes they contain session data unique to your computer and that connection - or etc. Permalinks eventually expire/fail to work too, but usually due to major system reconfigurations which occur less frequently. Also, they're less unwieldy things, usually. :) Unlike this paragiraffe.)

But note the "unk" for "unknown", yep... that unk84084222 is the "accession number" my correspondent at the LoC at the time was referring to.

Aramiarz

Germany Library don't answer me, in the Congress Library sent one Mail with relation to Herbsfeier, Symphony op 115& Symphony brevis op 116, I will share with You that happen!

Gareth Vaughan

I still think you should contact the Staatsbibliothek zu Berlin. Dr Helmut Hell used to be the man to get in touch with regarding printed music (and manuscript music for that matter).

Aramiarz

Dear Gareth,
   you are very kind! Congress library answer  me ;D I'm glad. They have the symphonies. I wait that in 2016 we can to do these works.
2015 will be the violin concert, Fest ouverture and Traume und wirklichkeit

Alan Howe

Aramiarz: Will you be working with a particular label?

Aramiarz

Dear Alan, thank You for your interest. We have importants projects for rescue as mexican And european music. I'm in contact with three labels for we can release these wonderful forgotten works ;D

eschiss1

I'm glad to have been mistaken - also, since their catalog generally doesn't say, is it clear in what form (score, parts, (complete, incomplete), reduced score, other arrangement) they have his symphonies?... In any case, good news.
(I wonder if there's a Philipp Scharwenka association that might know who has the majority of his autograph manuscript scores? I'm guessing just offhand that SBB(erlin) or a similar library might have some of them, for instance. Obvious reason for wanting to know (not specific to Scharwenka, of course)- While a performable score would have to be edited from such a thing, it's useful to have to check against a sometimes error-containing published version, too- and when only an arrangement now exists/can be found, performance may only be possible- if at all- if ms material exists (and even then only if it's in good enough shape, at worst, for an edition to be prepared from it by someone, etc.  I recall mention on this forum that the reason Huber's 2nd and 4th piano concertos, e.g., are unlikely to be recorded (Sterling again) is because the only existing material (no ms. I suppose at the Swiss National Library, which does have a _lot_ of Huber's mss...) is a reduction and in one case the hire material parts from the publisher which, however, are not sufficiently readable for orchestral performance. Something like that... (Eggs-in-1-basket syndrome? Also see re Hans Fährmann and the publisher Otto Junne. & again, Ashton... :( )

(Re Fährmann: "During the bombing of Leipzig (on 4 December 1943) not only did the publisher's entire family perish, but also the printing plates of the Fährmann compositions were completely destroyed." from the Fährmann Wikipedia article. The publisher here being Junne.)