Grechaninov: Complete Music for Viola and Piano from Toccata

Started by LateRomantic75, Sunday 09 February 2014, 00:36

Previous topic - Next topic

LateRomantic75

Toccata will be bringing out the previously unrecorded viola/piano music (including two sonatas) of Grechaninov in due course: http://www.toccataclassics.com/cddetail.php?CN=TOCC0234

Also included are Grechaninov's viola/piano arrangements of Debussy's Romance and Beau Soir.

Sharkkb8

Although the listing on the Toccata website still says "Album in Preparation, Information Incomplete", the listing on Presto Classical says the album will be available about two weeks hence, on March 31.

http://www.prestoclassical.co.uk/r/Toccata%2BClassics/TOCC0234

Gregory

eschiss1

Trying to remember how many of his duo sonatas have made it to recording at all anyway. Or his piano sonatas. Or...
(One violin sonata on LP, I think - ah, Worldcat confirms, Melodiya, ca.1978, I think I've heard that recording. Perhaps his clarinet sonata(s) - yes, no.2 in F on LP. Cello sonata several times- no complaint, mind- nor for any of the others... Accordion sonata? That first piano sonata looked interesting but I don't think it's been recorded either- oh, I see, finale of it in a harp arr. back in 1944... :) :) )

Sharkkb8

Various availabilities:

Directly from Toccata: April 7 release, cd £13.50

Amazon UK: cd available now, £10.44.

Amazon (out here in the Colonies  ;) ) - release date April 29, $20.80 cd.

emusic: download available now, $9.99.

I see nothing from iTunes or classicsonline.com.

I'm going for the music download from emusic, but for the last half-hour I've been trying to make their downloader work, with no success....and I'm moderately computer-savvy.  I'll keep working on it.   >:(

Gregory

JeremyMHolmes

Gregory - re the problems with eclassical - it may not be you - I was having issues at the weekend, both with the download manager, and downloading files "long hand" from the links they send you , and then unzipping etc.

I got a pretty prompt email back from their help desk (on a Sunday afternoon!) apologising and saying they were aware of a problem and were trying to resolve it.

SF