The ultimate over-the-top PC?

Started by Alan Howe, Friday 28 March 2014, 18:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Amphissa

QuoteBoth the concerto and the variations are available for a listen on YouTube.

Yes, as well as 3 of his symphonies and several other works.

Alan Howe

They reveal quite a variety of styles, I find.

JimL

Does anybody have the movements for the Richter PC?

eschiss1

Hrm. Check with MusikNoten-Verlag Latzina of Karlsruhe which published the Richter in 2006? (Unfortunately their homepage has been stupidly done up by some solipsist who thinks that links to their own personal hard drive will work on the internet.  Joy.)

I do see from D-NB that it had to be reconstructed in 1973 by Hans-Peter Turk- it's not one of Richter's scores that was published during his lifetime, for instance (unlike his 3rd symphony whose 1929-published score I interloaned from Queens College, New York, awhile back.)

eschiss1

Ah, here's the book on Richter I thought I saw...

Paul Richter: Monographie.

musiclover

How about the Malizcewski Concerto? You used to be able to hear an off air performance on YouTube but alas it's been taken down. An exciting work, but well over-the-top in my opinion. Worth recording. I wonder why nobody has.

vicharris

I like all of those mentioned above, but find Adolf Henselt's still at the top of my list as the one of the most satisfying listening experiences I have ever had. Especially a movement in the middle--can't remember if there are 3 or 4 total--that utilizes the rich deep dark notes in the left hand part.