News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

ASV back in print

Started by lasm2000, Wednesday 09 December 2015, 06:37

Previous topic - Next topic

lasm2000

Maybe somebody else has mentioned this in a previous thread, but it bears mentioning just in case someone hasn't heard about it: ASV's catalog is about to be reprinted by Presto Classical: http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2015/Nov/ASV_Russian.htm

eschiss1

This is very good news.
Out of curiosity, did ASV have anything in the can (as they say...) that they never got a chance to release that anyone knows about, and does this mean a 2nd chance for some of those recordings too?
One way or another, good news; it was really sad listing "nla" after all their interesting releases- their Dohnanyi chamber music series, etc. etc. etc. ...

TerraEpon

I think some stuff that never got to be released on ASV got released on Black Box, IIRC.

And yeah, they had a lot of great discs. Even once they went OOP they stayed available digitally at least, I got a bunch of stuff from eMusic when I was buying things there.

sdtom

sdtom

what is the general feeling about the Armenian Philharmonic Orchestra There seems to be a fair amount of them.
Tom

Gareth Vaughan

The Joseph Marx disks don't seem to be available, however.

Alan Howe

Gareth Vaughan

Oh yes. But I don't see any of the others. I'm after the orchestral songs - I have the rest.

Alan Howe

Perhaps an email enquiry to Presto would be worth a punt..

Gareth Vaughan

I had earlier emailed Rob Barnett at MusicWeb International who has responded thus:
We have checked with Presto and they tell us ...." we're just releasing what they (UNIVERSAL) send us rather than requesting specific things at this stage. I believe they're essentially planning to put all the ASV catalogue on Presto CD though, so it should come automatically at some point." Fingers crossed that the Marx CDs will follow.

Alan Howe

sdtom

I know that Brilliant Classics picked up and re-issued some of the ASV titles