Felicien David's 'Herculaneum'

Started by edurban, Sunday 06 July 2014, 07:06

Previous topic - Next topic

Collrec

Like you, I also listened to the Oct. 29, 2016 BBC broadcast of the Wexford Opera production of Herculanum and agree with your comments concerning the inclusion by Wexford of several selections from the opera that were missing from the Ediciones Singulares recording which I have. In fact you can still listen to that BBC broadcast from their website up to Nov. 28, 2016 as they keep it available there for 30 days after the original broadcast. This leads me to ask if there is any way I can download the broadcast from the BBC website or is there any UC member out there that has already downloaded the broadcast and could make it available to other UC members? This would be a wonderful treat for UC members, like me, who prefer and collect uncut opera performances.

Mark Thomas

I don't believe there is a way to download the broadcast, but you can stream it on your PC from  this page: www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b080xp50 and record it yourself as it plays.

jdperdrix

Actually, it's possible to download this broadcast. ;)
Should I upload it?

Mark Thomas

Oh that's good news. Yes, please post the link in the Downloads board.

Collrec

Thank you so much for the download and such a prompt reply. I was able to edit the mp3 file to separate the acts and eliminate the talking. Thanks again.