Romantic French Works for Piano & Orchestra

Started by Kriton, Saturday 05 June 2010, 21:02

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth Vaughan

I can find no reference anywhere to a PC by Louise Farrenc. A pity - I'm sure, had she written one, it would have been worth hearing. The Piano Quintets are superb.

eschiss1

An arrangement of the Castillon op.12 has now been uploaded to IMSLP, by the way...
Eric

jimmattt

Sorry to beat a dead horse or a dead romantic French composer, Louise Farrenc, but I found mention of a Piano Concerto in B minor in the International Encyclopedia of women Composers by Aaron I. Cohen, it isn't mentioned in the Norton Grove Dictionary of Women Composers, though, so just a lovely fantasy, maybe.

Gareth Vaughan

QuoteI found mention of a Piano Concerto in B minor in the International Encyclopedia of women Composers by Aaron I. Cohen

Who is the author of that article? Perhaps he or she can be contacted and we can find bit a bit more. It may, of course, be an error. One edition of Grove credited Bronsart with a second PC (wrong!) and made Felix Dreyschock the son of Alexander (wrong! - he was his nephew).

giles.enders

No one has mentioned Louis Jadin or the other one by Boildieu which was orchestrated by some one else, I forget who.
Giles Enders

eschiss1

Quote from: giles.enders on Tuesday 29 June 2010, 16:42
No one has mentioned Louis Jadin or the other one by Boildieu which was orchestrated by some one else, I forget who.
Giles Enders

Well, Peter Conole mentioned Louis-Emmanuel Jadin's 4th piano concerto of 1810 back a week ago or so...