Rasse violin concerto

Started by Gauk, Saturday 19 July 2014, 18:42

Previous topic - Next topic

Gauk

Not really a new recording, but I notice that the performance by Robert Hosselet with the Belgium National Orchestra and Rene Defossez, which was in the archive here but I think got deleted, has been re-released by Naxos. At the moment, not as an actual CD. I was listening to it the other day; lovely late romantic concerto with a very distinctive opening.

eschiss1

in their archive series? They've taken a number of LPs - including quite a few that people uploaded back when we allowed uploads of LPs, I noticed the overlaps (including some fine works by Piston, I think, and others, e.g.) - and digitized/uploaded them online-only to their archive series (not available in the US, I think, probably since recordings are almost all (if made before 1972) copyright in the US until 2067 or something like that, while "A recording is public domain in the EU 50 years after lawful release" and "A recording is public domain in Canada if the last surviving performer/author/librettist has been dead for at least 50 years" (see IMSLP for quick summary and some more links...) (therefore they and we have equal rights to some of those recordings - in the EU and Canada; in the USA too, that is, people like me in the USA really shouldn't be downloading them from either place (I don't think there really is an educational use exception in US law... but... don't know, actually. Didn't stop me from downloading them, anycase...)