Brief followup re Kittl symphony 2

Started by eschiss1, Sunday 27 July 2014, 12:01

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Was visiting New York Public Library @ Lincoln Center a few weeks ago for a few hours (I don't do so as often nowadays unfortunately) and found, in a collection of scores that has more unsung Romantic scores(/parts) than some but fewer than others*, the score of Kittl's 2nd symphony. Will have to take a gander at that one next I'm there; too bad they don't have an extensive digitization program (yet) :), it'd be nice to help preserve some of these older scores a bit longer...

*The library's centers of gravity are probably in the established classics - as with most libraries - and in a fairly wide range of 20th-century music post-1920, but some searching through their online catalog does also find Hugo Kaun's 3rd string quartet (not yet @IMSLP...), Atterberg's piano concerto, Weingartner's Sinfonietta (ok, ok, yes, post-1920), Samuel de Lange Jr.'s 2nd string quartet, etc.
(Oh, and Eduard Herrmann's string quintet in G (op.31, ©1911). -That-, I think I just might put in an interloan request for, even though it's a score, hard to copy/scan, and not parts), and NYPL charges, unlike some other unis, for interloaning out to my local public library...)

That's just counting the circulating "branch" library, not the much larger but non-circulating research collection which has a lot more of everything but much of it now by advance request, I think. (Used to be often one just had to fill out some description forms when there/onsite, wait a few minutes, and 3 or 4 items to peruse...whee...)