Recent items on Musikproduktion Höflich -

Started by eschiss1, Wednesday 03 September 2014, 06:07

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

I see some interesting recent pocket scores from this source that have appeared at libraries and on their website (some of which I know may be of interest if only because some of us have heard some of them etc.) E.g. Georg Schumann's Variations on a Theme by Händel ; Paul Büttner's symphonies 2 and 3 etc. (I see too Kaun's 3rd symphony listed, a work about which I have been curious for some time though I think the score is now @IMSLP. I seem to recall noticing a dozen performances listed in a year following the time of its premiere or so (in different cities, with different conductors even) - mentioned in NZM, I think; I am not nearly that old.) They do list their edition of Corder's Elegy in memoriam Victor Harris as a first edition (their scoop, as it were) even though it was printed soon after composition (again see IMSLP) - this does confuse me some.

(Re Buttner 3, since Worldcat lists only SLUB Dresden as having the Leuckart 1917 score, but 6 libraries with the 2014 Höflich reprint, their stated purpose of distributing music seems well underway and good on them :D I wonder if any of them are on the list of libraries that free-interloan to my local one- which seems to be a randomish list (Tulane does, Ball State does, nearby Ithaca College, Cornell U., Syracuse U. and SUNY Oneonta do, but Oberlin and not a few others either don't interloan at all to our library or charge a (reasonable) fee per item... presently borrowing symphonies, concertos and quintets by Pettersson, Bacewicz and Mraczek, fwiw. ;) Anyhow...)) (Edit: and, much to my surprise, the Free Library of Philadephia (main section, I assume, not their Fleisher Collection), is on the list of libraries that interloan too. I haven't asked for a complete list- it's fluid over time anyway- but something I just received (Frankel, quartet no.2 Op.15, irrelevantly and out of forum) - was from their collection; I'd expected it to be from a further-away source (Cleveland State.) Yay, anycase :) )