Out now: Joachim Raff, Works for Choir, Piano & Orchestra

Started by Ilja, Sunday 13 June 2010, 17:32

Previous topic - Next topic

Ilja

Sterling has just released a new CD with a collection of works for choir, orchestra and (in one case) piano. For some reason my expectations weren't that high (compared to their previous release), but boy, was I wrong. Every single piece here is a real eye-opener, and reminds you of the reason for this forum's existence. Compliments to Bo Hyttner and Mark Thomas for having made this milestone possible!

p.s. just to make sure, I have no commercial interest in Sterling. I just think that any half-decent Raff admirer ought to own one of these.

TerraEpon

You got a link? I assume it's not the one with the Suite for Piano and Orchestra (which I just ordered yesterday myself),  as there's no chorus, but there's nothing newer listed at the Sterling website beyond that...

Ilja

Hi, it's not listed on the Sterling website yet, and because I have a review copy that may mean it can take a few weeks reaching stores. Nothing on MDT yet, AFAIK.

Alan Howe

This is one of the most felicitous releases I have heard for ages. Die Tageszeiten is pure, unalloyed joy from beginning to end...

Pengelli

Does anyone know when this is going to be available from a UK mail order website? An approximate date will do.

Alan Howe

Gareth Vaughan

Alan Howe

Actually, I don't have the date, but I'm pretty sure it'll be Sterling's next release.

Pengelli

Ok,so it's just drum the old fingers & keep a look out!

Ilja

It's Sterling 1089, and since the Zweers 3 was 1088, the conclusion appears to be inevitable ;-)

TerraEpon

So much praise for this, I almost wish I'd waited to stick it into my MDT order (which has the other Raff CD). Ah well, the next Sibelius box comes out in a couple months....

jimmattt

Concertzender has played these two CDs in last couple of weeks and they can be listened to on demand, June 16 0600 "Nieuw Verschenen", June 25 0900 "Klassieke Muziek Actua", and June 23 1900 "Klassieke Muziek Actua".

eschiss1

Quote from: jimmattt on Sunday 27 June 2010, 03:40
Concertzender has played these two CDs in last couple of weeks and they can be listened to on demand, June 16 0600 "Nieuw Verschenen", June 25 0900 "Klassieke Muziek Actua", and June 23 1900 "Klassieke Muziek Actua".

Here is a link that will work at any time if you have the right plugin:
http://www.concertzender.nl/programmagids.php?date=2010-06-23&month=0&detail=44021
Click the "speaker" icon near the top right. (right, not left. Dyslexic, me.)
Eric

oldman

For those who dont need to have the physical disk, this CD is now available on iTunes for $10.99 U.S

Its being downloaded as I type this  :)