Cliffe Symphony No.2 Recording Project

Started by Alan Howe, Wednesday 05 November 2014, 15:49

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

...or, erm, just scroll down to the English translation toward the bottom of the page- or does that only exist when I see it?...

Alan Howe

I have that too, Eric - just didn't spot it! Thanks.

Mark Thomas

Richard Moss

Alan,

Just seen the 'English' link - tks for the info

Richard

Alan Howe

The Coronation March has an enjoyably brassy beginning and a nice Elgarian tune in the middle section. It would make a thoroughly worthwhile coupling for the Second Symphony...

Mark Thomas

The total raised has now risen to £800. Thanks to everyone who has contributed so far. A great effort.

christopherfifield

I am most grateful. This brings the project within touching distance of going ahead - just £200 more to find.

Regarding information about Cliffe and his music, there is also my essay in the cd booklet of my recording for Sterling of the first symphony.

Alan Howe

...which, of course, is a reminder to acquire that superb recording. It really is a must-buy!

christopherfifield

I am happy to report that, after another generous cheque, we now have £900 either given or pledged towards the Cliffe 2 Project. I look forward to reporting that the last £100 has been donated!

Alan Howe

Alan Howe

I'm pleased to announce that the recording is going ahead on Saturday July 18th, as planned. The venue is All Saints Church, West Dulwich, London and the times are 10am-1pm and 2pm to 5pm.

I'm sure that Chris Fifield would be pleased to see supporters of the project on the day. It would also help him to know how many might be attending, so please either post your response here in this thread or send me an email (or PM via the site).

Mark Thomas

Good oh! Unfortunately, I will be out of the country at the time.

semloh

What a splendid result! Do we know to whom, and how, the recording will be made available?

Alan Howe

I am assuming the CD will only be made available to those who have supported the recording financially. Beyond that, it will be up to Chris Fifield who will own the recording.