Pierre de Bréville chamber music

Started by eschiss1, Tuesday 18 November 2014, 02:58

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Video of de Bréville's cello sonata, first movement (uploaded by the cellist to his own website, not Yet-Another-Rip of a CD without permission from its performers &c &c &c &c...)

http://www.samuelmagill.com/web/video_details.aspx?ItemId=856487

(biography of Pierre Onfroy de Bréville: Wikipedia. (1861-1949).)

Download site for the recording of his complete cello music that was mentioned recently in another thread is  here, with more biographical information, etc.

(Thanks to Google for the results :) )

jdperdrix

Thank you for finding this reference. Even unavailable cds can be found sometimes for downloading!

Aramiarz

Wheesht

When I click on the link, the cellist's website opens, but where the video ought to play, there is a notice saying that it does not exist - and it is the same for the other de Bréville videos. Other videos on the same site are working, for example the Moór pieces. Has anyone else experienced this problem?

jdperdrix

eschiss1

my fault for not doing due diligence. Sorry!!!!!!

Here's what does seem to be a working video of his oboe sonatine (uploaded by the oboist to YouTube.)

eschiss1

also, Magill does have another link on his site, to a performance of his of de Bréville's fantaisie appasionata, which seems to be working (hosted at instantencore.) On his music page it's the only Bréville represented out of 14 works (some other things there of interest- a performance of Moór's double concerto in reduction, of Alfano's cello sonata and triple concerto (from his Naxos CD), etc.); perhaps the sonata is from an orphaned/no longer active page which Google hasn't been asked to remove... my mistake again for not checking though.)