Henri Bertini Nonet and Piano Trio

Started by Alan Howe, Thursday 12 August 2021, 12:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Alan Howe

eschiss1

Thanks! A midi rendition taste of the trio (published around 1825) exists at IMSLP along with original and retypeset scores and parts (the MIDIs and retypesets by James Bailey, who's retypeset a fair amount of Bertini for the site. The various MIDIs sound pleasant and intriguing.) The nonet seems to not yet have been uploaded, I think.

Martin Eastick

This should be a most rewarding release, if the previously-recorded Op90 sextet: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Quintet-Grand-Sextuor-Sestetto-Classico/dp/B0000021FH/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=bertini+hummel&qid=1628788657&s=music&sr=1-1,  is anything to go by! I have been trying for years to get a variety of chamber groups interested in recording the complete sextets together with this nonet, but as yet without success, although Hyperion expressed an interest afew years ago. I have a printed copy of the nonet in its quintet guise arranged by Charles Schwencke, but always wondered what the full nonet would be like, so not long to wait now! I would hope that CPO may be thinking of following this up with the sextets in due course - all SIX of them!

eschiss1

Presto gives this a date of 1 October for release by them, by the way.

Alan Howe

Thanks to Martin Eastick for prompting me (in the KÄ…tski Sextet thread) to pick up the recording of the Op.90 Sextet on MDG - albeit a couple of years late!

Mark Thomas

I second that. How did I miss it? Duly downloaded.