JADASSOHN Symphony No.4 in C minor

Started by semloh, Monday 01 December 2014, 20:53

Previous topic - Next topic

JimL

Regarding the timing of Yinon in the 1st movement: in Carlos Kleiber's iconic recording of Beethoven's 5th Symphony, the first movement, repeat included, clocks in at 7:47, if memory serves.

adriano

As already mentioned earlier, I have full scores of Jadasshohn's Fourth and Second. After my return from Bratislava in January 2015, I will find the time to scan them an make them available over the net.

Alan Howe

adriano

Speaking about Israel Yinon: yesterday, during a Lucerne performance of Strauss' Alpensinfonie the conductor broke down, fell from the podium into the audience and died. I will miss his wonderful and highly inspired artistry! He was conducting the Central Swiss Youth Philharmonic Orchestra
http://www.tagesanzeiger.ch/panorama/vermischtes/Dirigent-stirbt-waehrend-Konzert-in-Luzern/story/26957193

Gareth Vaughan

That is tragic news. He was only 59. A great conductor and a great loss to music.

Alan Howe

Very, very sad news. Thanks, Adriano, for letting us know.

Kevin Pearson

Very tragic indeed! At least he died doing the thing he loved most.

Kevin

TerraEpon

So listening to this again, it really is great, one of the best pieces uploaded here I'd say. Seeing that CPO has a recording in the can is great.....hopefully when it comes out I'll remember how much I like this...

eschiss1

In the can? *blink* :)
Erm, wait, what? In another thread we've been discussing the release of this very recording, which is available, just maybe not everywhere yet- not in the latest Records International- well, maybe next month... (a search Jadassohn Symphonies on the US amazon.com still turns up only the Cameo Classics recording of sym.1 which I'd managed unfortunately to forget- which eliminates A, erm I mean March...)

(Hush, Eric.)

adriano

JPC just sent me a depatch advice confirming that the Jadasshon CD is on the way  8)

Alan Howe