News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

New Raff performances

Started by eschiss1, Wednesday 30 November 2016, 01:04

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

According to Bachtrack, the 7th string quartet will be performed on February 20th of 2017 in Dortmund (by the Mannheimer quartet, unsurprisingly.)

According to this, the piano quintet in A minor will be performed March 5 & 7, 2017 @ the Fourth Presbyterian Church, Chicago, Illinois, US.

(I checked raff.org but I see that there's now a Raff Gesellschaft... why did I not know this. I do not pay enough attention!!!!)

Mark Thomas

The Swiss Raff Gesellschaft has been around for a very long time, Eric. It's based in Raff's birthplace of Lachen and is now led by Res Marty, its very enthusiastic and dynamic president. It has just launched a major project bringing together and analysing all Raff's correspondence and surviving contemporary articles, reviews etc. about him and his music. This is already yielding much valuable new information about Raff and his contemporaries which should be of great interest to musicologists (including amateur ones such as myself). 

adriano

This looks like a new layout of Res Marty's Raff Society. The digitalisation project is now in the hands of Walter Labhart's son Nathan Labhart. His father still claims to be the world's discoverer of Raff. In the past, I had quite e few unpleasnt experiences with this person, starting right after I had published by LP with Raff's Grand Quintuor (which, incidentally, for mysterious reasons has been omitted in Res Marty's big book on Raff).