Raff piano music vol.6

Started by Mark Thomas, Friday 27 March 2015, 10:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Mark Thomas

Here's a sneak preview of the final volume in the series:

The Fantasie Op.142 is a particularly fine work, but all the pieces which Tra has chosen for her final selection show off Raff at his best, I think. It's due out in May, I believe.

Gareth Vaughan

Marvellous to have the Op. 142 Fantaisie at last - a splendid work. I am not familiar with any of the other pieces so I look forward to getting to know them.

Alan Howe

Greatly looking forward to this...

FBerwald

Amazing news, but also sad since this will be the last  vol..... unless.... like before :D . One can hope and pray.

Jonathan

Indeed, maybe this fantastic set of recordings will inspire another record company to record more Raff piano music though (fingers crossed!)

Mark Thomas

It will definitely be the last of the series from both Tra and Grand Piano, at least.

Mark Thomas

Here's a short promotional video. The CD is due out at the beginning of June, not May as I wrote earlier.

mbhaub

Could anyone have imagined 30 years ago that we would have so much Raff available? I can remember when other than the piano concerto, Ode to Spring, and the 3rd and 5th symphonies there was nothing else. It was quite frustrating. Now look at it! It's astonishing really. And mostly due to Mark Thomas. I loved volume 5, can't wait for 6!

TerraEpon

Just got volume 5 last week, as usual it's delightful. Will of course be getting this last volume, no question.

Mark Thomas

mbhaub wrote:
Quotemostly due to Mark Thomas
Thanks for that Martin. I suppose that I can claim responsibility to some degree or other for about 15 of them, but in most cases it's the subsequent healthy sales which have truly  justified their existence. There are around 40 CDs of Raff's music currently available either as physical product or as downloads. Astonishing, as you say.

Alan Howe

QuoteAnd mostly due to Mark Thomas

And don't forget Mark's tireless promotion of Raff through raff.org and various other projects.

Mark Thomas

A little more info about this release, due in just a few weeks now...

Mark Thomas

Audio samples of each track are now available here (under the "Listen" tab). The CD will be released at the start of June.