Important new ebook on Romanticism in the 20thC

Started by Alan Howe, Thursday 12 February 2015, 11:50

Previous topic - Next topic

semloh

Sincere thanks to Alan and Herbert, for making this available to UC, and special congratulations to Herbert for receiving his doctorate magna cum laude - a very special achievement. I just hope I can understand it!   :)

Amphissa

sdtom, my Kindle uses the same cord that is used for charging my cell phone. Have you tried that?

I'm able to import PDFs directly into my Kindle Paperwhite without converting to a different format.

sdtom

Not tried that yet. When I plug my Kindle into my computer it doesn't recognize it as being there :-[
Tom

sdtom

Sorry to hear about your problem. Stealing on any level should be punished with prison.

Herbert Pauls

Thanks Tom! On the other hand, on a personal level, I have little desire for retribution. But as a lawyer friend privately warned me, Herb, you have to take action on this because if you don't, you can actually lose some intellectual rights. And so, here we are. I only wish the writer had used, shall we say, more orthodox research methods. Then, everyone would be in a win-win situation. She seems to be an intelligent person (albeit occasionally prone to foolish decisions) and is a very fine pianist who even performs things like Alkan! She clearly sympathized with my general attitude toward 20th C music and deeply loved composers like Glazunov and Scriabin, as so many of us do here. And of course, saw their romantic attributes as a truly positive contribution to the Modern Era. Sigh!