Carl Ueter (1900-1985): String trio

Started by violinconcerto, Saturday 21 November 2015, 08:30

Previous topic - Next topic

violinconcerto

Carl Ueter (1900-1985) was a German composer and conductor. He studied composition under Franz Schreker in the 1920s in Berlin with fellow students like Alois Haba, Jerzy Fitelberg or Berthold Goldschmidt. Later he moved to Freiburg and became the Kapellmeister at the Städtische Bühnen there. After WWII he took the position of a professor for conducting at the newly founded Musikhochschule Freiburg. Hans Zender for example is one of his most prominent students.

Carl Ueter composed little but with quality. Two symphonies from the 1930s are published by Schott, the rest is mainly chamber music and virtually lost. I recently found a few of these chamber music pieces and already created a pdf-file of the String trio from 1946. I think it is worth a look and you can find it here:

http://www.tobias-broeker.de/rare-manuscripts/other-violin-manuscripts/

Best,
Tobias

Alan Howe

How would you characterise his music, Tobias?

matesic

Thanks Tobias, but could you possibly make the parts available too? I've processed the score through the partifi.org site but it isn't quite the same thing. Having played through and multitracked the adagio it's very much "late romantic" in flavour. The scherzo looks fiendish, so I don't think I'll be able to record it in toto.

violinconcerto

Parts are of course possible, but I don't want to overstuff my website with all the parts, etc. And second thing is that the auto-generated parts of course need some revision that everything is readable and at its proper place (some articulation signs and dynamics get out of place through the "part making procedure"). And actually I don't want to do this revision. But if you want to have a look into the "rough" parts, just drop me an email that I can send them to you.

Best,
Tobias