News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Paul Richter 1875 - 1950

Started by Gerhard Griesel, Wednesday 16 December 2015, 18:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Gerhard Griesel

I have been searching UC for info on all composers named Richter. This lead me to discover Paul Richter, about whom there does not seem to be a thread yet. On YouTube I found a recording of his piano concerto, which is a stunning, melodious work, well constructed, even though the sound quality is not too hot. An internet search lead to a brief biography in Romanian on Wikipedia. Recordings of his works seem to be difficult to find. Can anyone assist with more information, and perhaps also help me with other composers called Richter?

Alan Howe

Gerhard Griesel

Thank you Alan! I remember the topic (Over-the-top PCs) but somehow it did not show up when I searched.

eschiss1

(I've since then, I think, looked at his - once on LP  - 3rd symphony in score. Interesting stuff.)

jerfilm

There was a Franz Richter (1709-1789).  I have an old cassette of a Piano Concerto in e.

Paul's 3rd and 5th Symphonies have been available, at least in the past as well as the Variations on a Theme for piano and orchestra, opus 121 (1924) as well as a Roumanian Fantasy #2 and a Suite #2 for orchestra.

Jerry