Symphonies for 2015 - here's wishing...

Started by Alan Howe, Friday 28 November 2014, 19:30

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Late in 2014 Alberto mentioned the Jean Hunyade symphony by d'Indy. I just noticed it myself, since there's a manuscript copy listed by Worldcat in the French National Library, and I'm now curious about that work too... (and curious to see a followup report in whether any of these thread-wishes came true, besides...)

chill319

A dream I don't expect ever to come true: Sympathetic recordings of the five symphonies by Converse, especially 2 and 3.

christoph

look out for the symphonies of Raimund Schwedeler.He wrote 16 Symphonies.There is a cd recording of  his 3 String quartets.Nice late romantic music. greetings Christoph

Alan Howe

Interesting. Has any of his music been recorded? Welcome to UC!

Here's a website devoted to the composer:  http://www.raimundschwedeler.chmoellmann.de/html/raimund_schwedeler.html

kolaboy

A DECENT recording of Giovanni Pacini's Sinfonia Dante. The sole existing recording (Bongiovanni) is sub-par, to say the least.

Gareth Vaughan

QuoteI would like for someone to play or record the Op. 26 Symphonie Dramatique 'Les Amazones' (1884)

Very sadly, neither the full orchestral score, nor the parts of this work have survived - a great loss. So someone would have to re-orchestrate it from the vocal score. This would have to be a labour of love. I suspect her orchestration would have been highly colourful, judging by the Concertstuck for piano & orchestra. I wish I were competent enough to do it myself.

eschiss1

Ah. I seem to recall my renewed interest was sparked when I saw a listing of a reprint (Kemel, 2015) of what I now see is just the vocal score (on Worldcat) but I guess I didn't look closely enough at the listing... anyway, having seen the vocal score- agreed!