P. Scharwenka scores for projects this year

Started by Aramiarz, Tuesday 06 January 2015, 22:11

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

It seems that might be the 15th edition- mentioned he was working on it in a letter published in a 1978 magazine, so first edition 1978 or later. (He is or was a math professor, by the way, at Seattle University, at least from an address for a Burnett R. Toskey published in "World Directory of Mathematicians - Volume 6 - Page 399", and judging from that 1978 request which places the Burnett R. Toskey working on a book on concertos for violin and viola also at Seattle University.)

Aramiarz

Thank you Dear Alan and Erick!! VC will be first!! And the second work?? TraĆ¼me und wirklichkeit?i have some much interest in this symphonic poem. Someone has information about this work?

Aramiarz

Dear Alan, in one month We will answer of Goethe Institute in Mexico for help us with some costs for Scharwenka project. Next year will be 100th aniversary of his death in 1917. Please can you send me the Toskey's comments for VC op 95 to my mail?

Double-A

Not quite in context but this seems too odd:

Quote from: Alan Howe on Tuesday 13 January 2015, 20:54
Toskey decribes the VC as "very melodious, employing very melodious chromatic modulations, and is of very bright cheerful disposition....The solo is very easy to execute and plays brilliantly at sight."

Isn't the whole point of a concerto that it is NOT easy to execute for the soloist, let alone "very easy"?  (I don't actually understand what the second half of the sentence means:  That it can be brilliantly sight read?).

Alan Howe

QuotePlease can you send me the Toskey's comments for VC op 95 to my mail?

Of course. I am out today, but will reply as soon as I return home.

Aramiarz

Dear Alan: Thank you very much! aramiarz@gmail.com

Dear Double-A: interesting your point! This concert was deducated to his wife. She was violin's virtuose. Surely is charming the violin part but hard. I will research about this aspect.