Nordgren: The Bergman Suites

Started by sdtom, Sunday 03 April 2016, 20:19

Previous topic - Next topic

sdtom

Naxos has finally gotten around to re-releasing this Marco Polo material of Nordgren. Since I've reviewed many of this series Naxos sent me a digital link to listen to this material for the very first time. As an added bonus Adriano is the conductor and was given original material by Nordgen. He died in 1992 but this recording took place prior to 1992. Being anxious to hear the material I downloaded it and it wouldn't open the zip file up. I tried two more times without success. Naxos has changed over to a new system and it hasn't worked correctly grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Tom

adriano

Hi Tom, thanks for your interest! Let me have your private address through the messenger in here, and I will send you a free copy of this re-issue with pleasure :-) It's very beautiful and Romantic sounding music.
Send me also your e-mail, so I can let you have a scan of the old booklet version, which has film stills. The new booklet is without stills. The new cover is quite discussable - some friends of mine already asked me for the telephone number of the cover girl :-)
www.naxos.com/catalogue/item.asp?item_code=8.573370
It needed some insistence to convince Naxos to re-issue this; after all it's Ingmar Bergman's centenary - and this will be the last Marco Polo reissue anway, since they have decided to sell Marco Polo's in download form only.

sdtom