News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

GOUNOD • Cinq-Mars

Started by Ebubu, Sunday 17 April 2016, 21:37

Previous topic - Next topic

Ebubu

In the wonderful series of rare French operas released by the Bru Zane Foundation, here comes a new jewel :

www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/detail/-/art/charles-gounod-cinq-mars/hnum/2629081

Mark Thomas

And when it is released, I'll retire my download post of the radio broacast here.

adriano

Yes, but why this label uses always such an odd and dangerous packaging?
It happened already two times that I had to return scratched CDs because they were badly pushed in on the inner cover. If I get clean CDs I use an additional transparent envelope...
However, I think I can go on liiving very well with the .wav braoadcast download I've made.

Ebubu

QuoteYes, but why this label uses always such an odd and dangerous packaging?

I guess the "odd and dangerous packaging" is dictated by the book format.  I wish every opera or music CD editor would provide such complete and informed "booklets" as does the Bru Zane Foundation and its editors.  Each publication from them is a little jewel !
Personally, I've never had any trouble with the packaging nor scratched CDs.

adriano

I understand, but some "normal format" libretti can also contain similarly documented material. Look, for example, at Opera Rara. If they, for example, would use thinner paper, they could even allow more text like the Bru Zane books. The latter come up with a lot of blank/wasted space, incidentally - although it all looks gorgeously. And there is also space for larger text formats, of course... Some CD booklets can be read only with magnifying glasses... I had to replace scratched CDs of Saint-Saens "Les Barbares" even twice.

Mark Thomas

The commercial recording of this performance has now been released, so I have retired my off-air recording from our Downloads board.

Alan Howe

I have the new set. Haven't listened to it yet.

BerlinExpat

Ulf Schirmer, who is also the manager of the Leipzig Opera House, is mounting Cinq-Mars next season.

Details can be found here:

http://www.oper-leipzig.de/en/programm/der-rebell-des-konigs-cinq-mars/62436