Eugène Ysaÿe: Poèmes

Started by jdperdrix, Friday 20 May 2016, 13:29

Previous topic - Next topic

jdperdrix

After the first volume titled "Harmonies du Soir et autres poèmes", a second volume of Ysaÿe's poèmes has just been released by Musique en Wallonie. This one is titled "Neiges d'Antan et autres poèmes", by Orchestre Philarmonique Royal de Liège under Jean-Jacques Kantorow and various soloists.

Harmonies du Soir contains
Méditation for cello and orchestra, Op. 16
Harmonies du Soir for string quartet and orchestra, Op. 31
Poème Elégiaque for violin and orchestra, Op. 12
Sérénade for cello and orchestra, Op. 22
Amitié for two violins and orchestra, Op. 26
Exil for string orchestra, Op. 25

Neiges d'Antan contains only works for violin and orchestra
Extase, Op. 21
Divertimento, Op. 24
Chant d'Hiver, Op. 15
Neiges d'Antan, Op. 23
Rêve d'Enfant, Op. 14
Au Rouet, Op. 13
Berceuse, Op. 20

I could not find a complete catalogue of Ysaÿe's works. It seems that only a couple of poèmes is missing. Maybe a third volume... Missing from those volumes are Poème Nocturne for violin, cello and orchestra, Op. 29, Fantasia for violin and orchestra, Op. 32 and a Saltarelle Carnavalesque for violin and orchestra, Op. 11 (?)

mjkFendrich

QuoteI could not find a complete catalogue of Ysaÿe's works

The List of Compositions form the English Wikipedia article on Ysaÿe seems to be quite complete.
I have never seen any recordings of Op.29 and Op.32 with orchestra instead of piano (neither commercial
nor broadcasts).

Richard Moss

I believe one of his violin concertos was on the CPO release of his orchestral works but otherwise they seem to have sunk without trace.  Is anyone aware of any available performances that have been recorded?? (CD or off-air?)

Cheers

Richard