Vaughan Williams Film Music

Started by sdtom, Tuesday 20 September 2016, 21:54

Previous topic - Next topic

sdtom

While we can't consider Vaughan Williams unsung we can consider these minor film scores as music I'd not heard before. https://sdtom.wordpress.com/2016/09/17/vaughan-williams-film-music/. A nice addition to my collection.
Tom

MartinH

Marco Polo sacked someone because something didn't sell? Look at their catalog - how many copies of the Furtwangler songs could they have sold? Or the Tournemire symphonies? Harold Truscott's music? And they're concerned about the amount sold?

TerraEpon

How odd....even the Respighi didn't sell?

And considering Naxos is pretty much the biggest perveryor of "who is that?" recordings in the past 15 years, it seems even more bizzare.

chill319

Quotewe ... also advised him on unusual repertoire - since he had a very poor knowledge of classical music

That worked out well, actually.

adriano

Someone has told me that it would be better to remove my last postings about my experiences with Klaus Heymann. And sorry that sometimes I get a bit too personal in here. That will not happen again for sure.

Alan Howe

I'm sure we all understand, Adriano.

sdtom

As every one seems to avoid the music it is well done and a welcome addition. What does someone getting sacked have to do with this? Confused