VOX series of Romantic Piano Concertos

Started by brendangcarroll, Sunday 28 June 2020, 12:12

Previous topic - Next topic

brendangcarroll

Dear Fellow List Members

I have Volume 1 of this excellent series on CD with the Kalkbrenner and Henselt concerti and others by Hiller and Hummel plus the Chopin Allegro de Concert Opus 46.

However, I cannot find a UK distributor for the rest of the series which seems to be only available in America. Amazon in the US lists several volumes from various dealers...but with vastly inflated posted charges of about $40 for just one CD set.

Does anyone on this forum know of a UK source where I might be able to purchase them at a reasonable price?

Thank you in advance for any help or advice.

brendangcarroll

Thank you Alan, what a terific box set! It irritates me that when one uses Amazon's search function this lavish box set does not appear!

Equally surprising is that with just 2 exceptions, the recordings included here are not duplicated on the 2 CD releases under the generic title "The Romantic Piano Concerto" which of course has also been used by Hyperion.

Which means I will have to buy this box set too! But it is a real bargain and clearly has many treasures.

Thank you!

Joachim Raff

An absolutely magnificent set and worth every penny.
The Moszkowski Piano Concerto with Philharmonia Hungarica, Hans Richard Stracke, Michael Ponti (piano) is one of my favourite recordings