News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Unsung Composer Opportunity

Started by MartinH, Thursday 13 April 2017, 01:10

Previous topic - Next topic

cypressdome

A full score of Draeseke's Akademische Festouvertüre edited by Manfred R. Eibl has now been posted on IMSLP.  A synthesized rendition has also been uploaded.  The same can be heard on Youtube.

Alan Howe

Unfortunately, the rendition's been done on a fairground organ - totally unlistenable. Oh dear. 

Ilja

It's amazing what is possible with NotePerformer nowadays - we've crossed the treshold of listenable synthetic performances I feel. Unfortunately, this also highlights how excruciating these older MIDI renderings were. A good example is the Musica Obscuram channel: loads of interesting stuff (including the Fitelberg symphony), but it's just so hard to listen to.

terry martyn

The old MIDI rendition of Lachner´s Sixth is another case in point. If I want to listen to an orchestral rendition of Donovan´s HurdyGurdyMan, I can. But to put Lachner through the mangle is entirely another thing.

Returning to the topic, rather than an overture by Draeseke, why not Brull´s Macbeth?   That would get the audience into a better frame of mind.