Hans Bronsart von Schellendorff

Started by Peter1953, Thursday 02 September 2010, 21:20

Previous topic - Next topic

adriano

All those Vox LP's were my delight in the 1970s and later - and the frustration about  inferior orchestras and several cuts could be compensated by those brilliant renderings by Michael Ponti and others.
I think the complete reissue by Brilliant Classics should also be considered as a very valuable enterprise - and this not only for its budget price!
http://www.musicweb-international.com/classrev/2016/Nov/Romantic_PCs_95300.htm

Alan Howe

eschiss1

Those who are ok with downloads should note that Amazon & Vox have offered almost the same Romantic piano concertos for $2 ($1 for a download of the earlier Romantic concertos, and $1 for the later Romantic concertos and some early-20th century concertos/modernish ones (Barber's admittedly rather poundy/jazzy(?) one (ok, I like it, but.), Hanson, Françaix, Tailleferre iirc ... their 1880-1962 volume)  that you can always delete individually if you really don't want to ever, ever hear them...) in the same performances.

giles.enders

I believe eschiss1 (28th May) is correct.  I have removed the Op.21 designation for the Fantasie from 1858.  Now the question is was it given an opus number ?