News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Joseph Liebeskind

Started by Alan Howe, Wednesday 29 August 2012, 20:12

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Liebeskind was the subject of an article in the Jan. 7 1915 Neue Zeitschrift für Musik, incidentally: "Josef Liebeskind und seine Musikbibliothek", by Dr. Max Unger (see Archive.org.)
Tangential to the thread (though not the subjectline), though maybe not after all: it contains at least a partial worklist of his music, too before going into a description of his library. (I've seen descriptions of the (or selected, when there were multiple, because of travel, exile, etc.) personal music libraries of some better-known modern composers and found them very interesting personally (especially when they contained music the composers didn't, allegedly, care for*.) No such revelation here, but still looks worth a quick read...)

*Listing of one of Hindemith's libraries comes immediately to mind.

jcliebeskind

Hello, I find this blog/thread by chance. I realize this is an old post, and must confess that I did not read all of them. Yet unless that Joseph Liebeskind was an unlikely homonymous, he was my great-grandfather. I am the depository of his works. Namely, I have a set of Bakelite 78rpm plates which is supposed to be exhaustive, and of his music sheets. Although I would need to dig into our archives, I am happy to contribute.

Thank you very much for sharing the mp3 of your 78rpm. As I said I should have the comprehensive set of his 78rpm recordings, but could not yet listen to them since I do not have the necessary equipment. Once I convert them all I will share them too.

Alan Howe

Thanks, that's very interesting. Do keep in touch with us.

I must have been in a negative mood last time I listened to the Symphony - this time round I found I rather liked its  energy and breezy melodiousness. It'd be great if the old recording could be spruced up a bit - or a new performance recorded. 

adriano

Dear Mr. Liebeskind
I have the equipment to transfer 78rpm into music files - and to improve/filter them accordingly. I have a long-time experience in this field.
If you want to make my acquaintance, let me know. I live in Zurich.

jcliebeskind

Ah! yes! thank you! I am more than happy to take your offer. I live near Yverdon and will gladly visit Zurich. Once we have done so I am equally happy to share the files with this blog.

Alan Howe

Marvellous! Thanks to both of you.