PCs by L.Grossman, V.Pukhalski & H.Bobinski

Started by Artur Slotwinski, Sunday 10 December 2017, 14:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Gareth Vaughan

Quoteyou mentioned something about being unsatisfied (understandably) with the reduction (qua reduction, that is) of concerto 1, too, I thought. That's what I meant.

Sorry, Eric. I didn't make myself clear. I meant it is always a pleasure to hear with one's ears a performance of a concerto with the orchestra, rather than the approximation I at least get when stumbling through a full score.

eschiss1

I gather a concerto and fantasy by Wodnicki were performed in 1841, don't know what became of them though. (At this time anyway.)

Christopher

Maybe the Ukraine Music Information Centre might have some information on some of these (such as the Lviv composers) - www.composersukraine.org - contact is Ivan Nebesnyj (ivan_nebesnyj@ukr.net) - why don't you write to them...

Christopher

I've made mp3 files from the Pukhalski and Bobinski youtubes and removed the lengthy verbal intros.  They are in the download sections if anyone wants them.

Mark Thomas

Thanks, Christopher. I did the same, but you beat me to it!

FBerwald

I'm new to all these composers... that being said, what a melodic delight the 1st movement of Bobinski is. This would be an an ideal project for Hyperion... maybe Jonathan Plowright!?

Gareth Vaughan

Please write to Simon Perry at Hyperion with your suggestion.

markniew

Hi Christopher.
Thank you for putting the two pieces in the download section.
Please note that the correct name of one of the composers is PUchalski - not to be missed with another Polish composer and pianist Henryk PAchulski  :)

FBerwald

I have sent Hyperion a mail suggesting the Bobinski concerto for the RPC series. Whether Mr. Perry responds, remains to be seen.

semloh

I agree, the Bobinski is a delight, and surely worthy of a place in the Hyperion series - fingers crossed!

Gareth Vaughan

The more people who write to Simon Perry asking for the Bobinski, the more likely it is to be recorded.

Mark Thomas

Gareth, I appreciate that you've only been able to see the piano reduction, but do you think the other two movements are of the same quality?

Gareth Vaughan

Yes. I think so. It is a full-blooded romantic piano concerto. Very enjoyable.

JimL

Alan Howe

QuotePuchalski/Pachulski, Tomato/Tomahto?  :D

Nope: Tamoto.