Started by dmitterd, Wednesday 21 March 2018, 01:17

Previous topic - Next topic

dmitterd

On Markus Becker's website, under Concerts, he has listed:

12-16 Feb 2018
Piano Concertos of Pfitzner and Braunfels
Rundfunk-Sinfonieorchester Berlin conducted by Constantin Trinks
To be released on Hyperion.

This is interesting as Dutton released the Braunfels concerto not long ago, and the Pfitzner has received a number of good recordings already.

Thoughts?

cheers,
Daniel

Mark Thomas

eschiss1

even though cpo already has a recording of the Pfitzner (though with Volker Banfield)? I guess it's possible- they have some duplication in their catalog.

dhibbard

There is also an old Marco Polo recording of  Pfitzner's piano concerto..

FBerwald

were any cuts made in the Pfitzner concerto? I have a feeling I read somewhere that the old recordings was based on an edited version of the score - I could be wrong , it was ages ago...

dmitterd

Oops - I neglected to include that in Becker's post, he states the recording is for Hyperion. Post corrected.

Mark Thomas

eschiss1

I hope cpo, anyway, doesn't do this sort of thing quite so much anymore (to the extent they can avoid it. One is encouraged by how "extra-complete" some recordings of theirs have been more recently- the Gade chamber music with the extra movement of the sextet, e.g.) (I rather like my recordings to be urtext, I suppose ;^) :) though wonderfully performed firstoff.)

Sharkkb8

"Possible" release now official.  New thread to come, w/composers/works in title, now that speculation & more specific details are confirmed.