String concerto scores wish-list

Started by eschiss1, Wednesday 07 April 2021, 15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

Similar theme - string concerto (concerto for stringed instrument and orchestra (string, small or full)) wish-list for works with available digitized score and/or parts to aid in performance and/or realization, time period ca. 1840-1910 give or take, etc., commercially unrecorded, etc. ...

My suggestions to start with:

*Friedrich Hegar's cello concerto in C minor op.44 (actually probably composed 1919, but seems to be thoroughly Romantic. Full score available.)
*Fritz Kauffmann's cello concerto in G minor op.29 published 1899 (performed by Julius Klengel in 1902. Again, full score available).
*Hermann Zilcher's 2nd violin concerto in manuscript full score. (I don't think this has been recorded. IMSLP has the reduction.)

Revilod

eschiss1

yes, that was one of our uploads, I remember. There's still good cause to create a modern (if perhaps copyright restricted because of the dates) performing edition to encourage something better, perhaps? Dunno.. but it may be too recent, too...

eschiss1

Also: Auguste Franchomme Cello Concerto no.1 in C minor parts (Op.33). (Reduction is at IMSLP. There is a live recording @ YouTube.)
On the basis of the first concertino,
Kalliwoda's violin concertino no.2 (parts).