Emilie Mayer symphony no.2, SBB

Started by eschiss1, Thursday 21 June 2018, 11:23

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

I found at _least_ a few really interesting recent-uploaded scans at the Staatsbibliothek Berlin - piano duet reductions of Franz Lachner orchestral suites, quartets by Louis Schuberth (son of the composer/publisher Julius), and the autograph manuscript parts (not nec. complete, and with at least the bass trombone part torn and needing reconstruction - @rosflute is probably working on this, I hope she doesn't mind that I uploaded the basic source material) of Emilie Luise Mayer's symphony no.2 in E minor - which I mirror-uploaded to IMSLP.  (Not yet unblocked- assuming even that the copyright admins do decide to do so, which of course one does not and ought not take for granted). Worst-case, they can be viewed at SBB itself, I can provide the links to the pages there (wholly legal, that for personal use viewing and all. I adore these libraries- yes, I know I've said. I do not mean that in a sarcastic reversewise sense. I really am thankful.)

(Incidentally, it's not so much that I found them, as that they showed up on my RSS reader, which I recently launched again and is set up to show me when new pages are uploaded to the Berlin digital library, among others. Useful tools those, too!)