News:

BEFORE POSTING read our Guidelines.

Main Menu

Eggert in Helsingborg

Started by Hofrat, Sunday 12 September 2010, 09:30

Previous topic - Next topic

Syrelius

Has anyonye - and especially you, Hofrat - heard anything about Naxos' Eggert project? Have they found a new conductor etc?

Hofrat

As I wrote in the past, I have no direct sources in Naxos.  As far as I can ascertain, Naxos will record Eggert's "Largo" in F-minor and add it to the E-flat major and C-major symphonies already recorded and this will be released as the 1st Eggert cd.  I do not know if a conductor has been found to record the "Largo" and the other 2 symphonies (in C-minor and G-minor).  I have learned that the printed 2011 catalog of Naxos recordings does not list Eggert in its "up-coming releases" section, so I assume that the 1st Eggert cd will not be released until 2012.

If anyone has more accurate information, please enlighten us.   

John H White

Are there no surviving overtures or concertos by Eggert that Naxos could use to fill up their Eggert symphony CDs? If not, maybe they could find something by one of his Scandinavian contemporaries to fill the gap.

Hofrat

Yes, there are two rather short overtures, each one connected to Eggert's stage music:  "The Moors in Spain" and "Svante Sture."  It was suggested to Naxos to use these overtures to "beef-up" the 1st CD, but Naxos wants to save all of the stage music for a separate 3rd CD. Anyway, even if the overtures are used in the first CD, a conductor is still needed for recordings purposes.