Saint-Saëns/Guiraud Frédégonde

Started by Revilod, Sunday 05 August 2018, 13:24

Previous topic - Next topic

BerlinExpat

Another production of Frédégonde! Again supported by Palezzetto Bru Zane.

Two performances on 10 & 12 June 2022 in the Grand Théâtre de Tours with the following:

Frédégonde I Kate Aldrich
Brunhilda I Angélique Boudeville
Mérowig I Florian Laconi
Hilpéric I Tassis Christoyannis
Prétextat I Jean-Fernand Setti
Fortunatus I Artavazd Sargsyan
Landéric I Yuri Kissin
Choeur de l'Opéra de Tours et du Capitole de Toulouse
Orchestre Symphonique Région Centre-Val de Loire/Tours
Direction musicale I Laurent Campellone

Christopher

Hi BerlinExpat! Do you know if this version was also recorded? It would be good to have the Saint-Saens ballet music from Act III. Thank you SO much for the other Fredegonde upload, I am really looking forward to listening to it.

Christopher

This is the Bru Zane web page about the recording which BerlinExpat uploaded - https://bru-zane.com/en/evento/fredegonde-21-22/ - and with a graphic for those like me who are obsessive about how their MP3 files look!

BerlinExpat

QuoteDo you know if this version was also recorded?

This is next year, but judging by the two and a half hours given for the whole performance I think it's unlikely. There are three numbers for the Airs de Ballet; covered by 25 pages in the vocal score!

Christopher

That does sound a lot.  Hopefully someone might think it's valid as a standalone piece on a CD of Saint-Saens orchestral works - some of his other ballet works from operas have been given that treatment.

Christopher

Quote from: BerlinExpat on Monday 22 November 2021, 22:10Another production of Frédégonde! Again supported by Palezzetto Bru Zane.

Two performances on 10 & 12 June 2022 in the Grand Théâtre de Tours with the following:

Frédégonde I Kate Aldrich
Brunhilda I Angélique Boudeville
Mérowig I Florian Laconi
Hilpéric I Tassis Christoyannis
Prétextat I Jean-Fernand Setti
Fortunatus I Artavazd Sargsyan
Landéric I Yuri Kissin
Choeur de l'Opéra de Tours et du Capitole de Toulouse
Orchestre Symphonique Région Centre-Val de Loire/Tours
Direction musicale I Laurent Campellone

I just came across this on youtube - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZgPBEtsWFo - which appears to be a recording of the version that Berlinexpat mentioned above.  I'm not sure if it's an official recording or some kind of bootleg...

Alan Howe

I'm pretty sure, judging by the proximity of the audience's applause, that this is an 'unofficial' recording. And I'm certain that no label concerned would post it on YouTube unattributed.

Update: the accompanying details say 'Enregistrement amateur', i.e. amateur recording.