Franz Lachner's missing symphonies

Started by John H White, Monday 12 November 2018, 18:13

Previous topic - Next topic

John H White

Please does anyone know of the whereabouts of any printed copies of the scores of Lachner's Symphonies numbers 2, 4 or 7? I recently donloaded what appears to be the composer,s manuscript of the first 3 movements of No4, but the writing is so difficult to follow that that, with my poor eyesight, I've decided to give up trying to copy it out.
     Cheers,
           John

eschiss1

Engraved? I'm unaware of any of 2 & 4 (though I'd read somewhere that one of them was published in some form...). As to no.7, I guess someone mentioned that several movements were published as part of suite no.7, but as to the whole symphony, again, I think it is or was still in manuscript so that (unless someone else, eg maybe? Bert Hagels who's been preparing new and sometimes first edition scores of symphonies, concertos and other works by e.g. Kramar, Kalliwoda and Ries, iirc, gets there first?...) - well, obviously unless someone else does, I think yours would be the first engraved edition, at least afaik. (What you want to do with it after that... I'm guessing that BSB and or SBB would probably prefer you make non-commercial use of it, or commercial use only in conjunction with the library whose manuscript it was, but aside from that...)