Emile-Robert Blanchet (1877-1943) Swiss pianist and composer

Started by adriano, Sunday 10 March 2019, 16:30

Previous topic - Next topic

eschiss1

ah, you're right of course. The original ballade might be good to have. And if I can find an OOC scan of op.14 (the concertstück) then I can try to scan/photograph that in poor at it though I am.

JimL

Since you're working on the score for the Konzertstück, could you get the tempo(s) posted here too, Eric?

eschiss1

er, wait, what? I don't even have a copy in hand. I think I misstated. I just meant that I might try to acquire a copy...

Tulane has the 2-piano score, and since they, unlike Newberry or U Kansas, have a good history of interloaning stuffs to my local public library, I'll try them. (Fleisher has a copy too, and one could email them for details. The orchestration is

"So-pn, 2-fl (1-pc, II), 2-ob (1-eh, II), 2-cl, 2-bn, 4-hn, 2-tpt, 3-trb, tmp, prc, str."

per their website...)

adriano

I have now the Blanchet scores in front of me:

Concertstück, op. 14
pour Piano avec accompagnement d'orchestre
(Dedicated to Rodolphe Ganz  - Swiss pianist and composer 1877-1972)
Rózsavölgyi & Cie., Budapest & Leipzig
Copyright 1912

Lento man non troppo (in modo pastorale) - Accelerando poco a poco al ... Moderato - Molto più presto ... rit. ... a Tempo tranquillo ... accel. - Agitato feroce - Più moderato - Più mosso - Presto - Molto tranquillo - Cadenza (quasi imporov(v)isata - Rudement (which means roughly) - Prestissimo - Moderato -
Adagio (non troppo) - Cadenza accelerando molto - Adagio - Tempo moderato - Delicatamente tranquillo -
Molto più presto - a Tempo. Rudement - Presto - Molto più lento - Alla Mazurka - non troppo presto, ritmato -Maestoso¨... più animato ... Più sostenuto ... apoco a poco accelerando sino al fine - Presto.

(quite a lot for 63 pages of music :)

---

Ballade pour deux piano,
transcrite pour piano et orchestre par Ernest Ansermet
(Dedicated to Klara Haskil)
Max Eschig, Paris
Copyright 1937
43 pages

Allegro (MM 120) - Più mosso - Poco più Tranquillo (handwritten indication by Ansermet)  - Rubato ... a Tempo - Accelerando ... doppio movimento ... a Tempo

---

No composition dates indicated in both scores, but I will be able soon to find out.

eschiss1

Thanks! I still intend to try to scan the reduction of Op.14 if I can get it, of course.

eschiss1

update: "if I can get it" which I cannot. (But even so, have been asked not to continue scanning @IMSLP unless I can improve my scanning quality, which I currently cannot, so even if I -acquired a score I could do little with it except photograph it and typeset it). So ... uploading typesets for me.)

adriano

You seem to spend a lot of time in scanning and uploading, eschiss1 :-)

eschiss1

Hrm. Well, never fear, no longer!
(If you're going by Special:Contributions/Schissel @ IMSLP, the majority of those uploads were not scanned by me.)